Prior to starting a family, Iris spent many years travelling the world advising her clients in business and public life.
With her wealth of experience, Iris has used the last few years researching and writing about the issues she believes will affect the future of human society and the world which it will inhabit.
She has penned thought-provoking books such as “Do We Really Know China?” a remarkable outsider’s perspective on one of the world’s major powers and the place of the ‘Sinosphere’ in the future of the world.
She also authored another insightful book titled “Trends in Healthcare – A Global Challenge”, and published her book “Human Health and OCEANS: Every second breath we take comes from our oceans” earlier this year.
Iris has the ability to communicate complicated ideas in simple, understandable English (‘Globeish’!). This ability derives from her varied International business and consultancy career where her experiences included organising business and academic conferences and, as one of the keynote speakers, addressing large audiences alongside numerous public figures.
She has been an active member of the Board of Academics and currently the Director for International Relations of the Hellenic Association of Political Scientists (HAPSc). She is, also, a Scientific Associate of the Laboratory of Health Economics and Management (LabHEM) of the University of Piraeus. Her breadth of knowledge and research-based approach give her an ability to analyse some of the big issues facing humanity in a fast changing world.
During this period, Iris has also been travelling between Switzerland, UK, Greece, and USA with her Anglo-Swiss businessman husband and their son.
Education and Studies
Iris is a PhDc of the University of Piraeus in Greece with research interests revolving around Health Economics and Lifestyle. Iris has a ‘Masters’ in Health Management and a ‘Bachelors’ in Economics from the Universities of Piraeus and Athens respectively.
As well as the continual updating necessary for her business career she has maintained and widened her knowledge base by undertaking numerous external studies including, inter alia;
- “eHealth – Opportunities and Challenges” from KIeHealthX Centre at Karolinska Institutet.
- “Innovating in Healthcare” under Prof. R E Herzlinger and “Entrepreneurship and Healthcare in Emerging Economies” with Harvardx.
- “Medicine in the Digital Age” from Rice University.
- The University of Hong Kong : Specialist course on “Epidemics”.
- “Resilience in Children Exposed to Trauma, Disaster and War: Global Perspectives” by University of Minnesota on Coursera.
- MIT course in Philosophy: “God, Knowledge and Consciousness”
- “Will China Rise as a Disruptive Force”, Tsinghua University.
- “Future Cities” (and their sustainability). With Future Cities Laboratory (FCL) the first research programme of the Singapore – ETH Zurich Centre for Global Environmental Sustainability.
Read about Iris’s books here.
Find out more about Iris on the SingularityU Global Hub here.